5 ways to stop cravings for unhealthy foods!
If you are like me, food cravings are one of the biggest things that lead to scarfing down way more food than you need! It’s annoying and frustrating.
There are a few things that you can do to fight these cravings.
- Drink water- I’m sure you hear this all the time. Drinking water has many benefits. If you want to make this easier and more effective, I have a secret to share with you. I used to drink a lot of juice and soda. I started swapping out my soda and juice for water at meals. This helped me cut out a lot of sugar and CALORIES very easily.
2. Eat more protein- Protein has two great benefits. One, is that it helps fight off hunger cravings. The other is that it actually takes more energy to digest protein than other nutrients. What does that mean? It means that digesting protein also helps burn some calories. My favorite shake uses pea protein, which is so much easier on my stomach. Check it out here.
3. Distance yourself from the craving- One of the easiest ways to keep yourself from eating too much of the sweets and snacks is to not have them in the house. Instead, stock your fridge with better alternatives that are quick and easy to grab.
4. Eat more fiber- Fiber helps you stay fuller longer, and can also help with fighting off bloating. You can get it from the foods you eat, or even from supplements. I have tried a few different fiber supplements. Usually you can get the in the form of chews, capsules, or powder. I love adding fiber powder to my shakes so there’s one less thing that you need to take.
5. Use liquid collagen/CLA- these supplements provide amino acids and nutrients that help heal your body from the inside out. Your gut takes a lot of abuse from what you consume…especially from things like alcohol, high doses of sugar, antibiotics, medications, and even some of the preservatives in the foods that you consume. Liquid collagen helps to heal your guts lining so it can function better. CLA is a great source of omega fatty acids and help fight off sugar cravings. You can find these supplements in pill, powder, and liquid forms. I personally have had the best results with the liquid form. I take a tablespoon once in the morning and it works all day long for me.
Ok, I think I have one more that I want to add to this. I’m sure I’m not the only one who gets stressed out and dives into your favorite comfort food haha.
6. Fight stress- I’m so guilty of being a stress eater. When things get crazy, I will lean on food to feel better. What I have learned over time is that this not only affected me physically, but also mentally. I would get mad at myself for eating some of the candy, and then feel worse, and then eat more candy. It was a horrible cycle. Taking time to myself, breathing exercises and getting physical exercise has helped me cope with stress better.
If you are trying to live a healthier life, remember to start with the small changes. These are easier to add into your day, and you will stick with them longer.
Many times people will try to make such a big change to their diet or exercise routine that they give up on themselves, and will even lose any progress that they have made.
Get more resources to help you at https://linktr.ee/meetbrookeoakes
You can also find Brooke on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/brooke.oakes.4/
Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/HealthCoachLife/_created/ YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcfZJ9_IbbV5B9kfmKzt2ng