Why choose clean eating?
Growing up my favorite foods were spaghetti, tacos and ice cream.
My parents had a huge drawer filled with hostess cakes and other snacks.
When I cam home from school, I would pick a snack and start my homework.
I wasn’t inactive…
I liked being outside.
Looking back I realize many of the problems that I experienced with my skin and weight were from the way I ate.
When I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease, I learned that I no longer had a choice.
I needed to change my eating habits.
I didn’t want to stay in pain.
Feeling like I needed to sleep all the time was exhausting.
I wanted to be able to get off the couch for more than just an hour or two.
Nothing was helping me. There were too many medicines. I just knew there had to be something else out there that could help me.
When I learned about clean eating everything changed.
What is clean eating? Check out this previous blog post.
So, why choose clean eating?
Here are some of the results that I have had
- Clear skin- even as an adult I have had the worst battle with acne. It’s finally gone and I don’t have to wear any makeup to cover anything up.
- No more itchy and painful eczema- I used to rip my skin apart from itching in my sleep.
- My hair is so long and shines- I used to battle with split ends and my hair always was cut short.
- Sugar cravings gone- I don’t feel like I need to eat all the candy that I see during the day any more.
- No more itchy, watery eyes from seasonal allergies- I used to go through a bottle of eye drops a week. I don’t even buy them any more!
- I’m not exhausted all the time any more!- My day starts at 3:30am and I run all the way through to 9pm. No more crashes on the couch. I get to enjoy riding the horses and hiking with the dogs several times a week.
These are just a few of the benefits that I have had.
I could literally go on all day about the changes in my life.
I started reading this book called “Living Well Gluten Free” by Beth Hillson
Food is supposed to nourish our bodies.
The foods that we eat today though, are hurting us.
- How food can heal your body
- What can happen to your teeth
- Effects on mental health (anxiety and depression)
- The effects on fertility
- Physicians that can help
- easy recipes to get you started
I think when many people hear the term “clean eating”, they think about all the foods that they will miss eating.
They think that they are not capable of changing the foods that they eat.
I challenge you to think of this differently though.
Think about how much better you will feel.
What would it be like to be able to spend more time running with your kids?
What would it be like to not hurt every time you move?
How would you feel if you could fit into those new jeans that you have always wanted?
How would you feel if you didn’t have to cover up blemishes with caked on makeup everyday?
Honestly, I chose clean eating because I wanted my life back.
I love the horses I work with.
I love hiking with my dogs early morning.
Changing my diet and adding some holistic supplements has given me so much more than any of the doctors could.
That’s why many people choose clean eating.
My friend Jaime has Hashimotos disease. Her doctor told her that she needed to lose weight.
She couldn’t figure out how to do it.
She didn’t have the energy to do it.
Now she is half the person she was, and enjoying life with her husband and daughter more than she has ever before.
If you’re curious about starting your own clean eating journey. Click here to get your free starter kit.