During the holidays…and the winter months in general…sugary treats and beverages are EVERYWHERE!
When you visit friends and family, typically there is some sort of desert to tempt you.
Also, a lot of the classic holiday items tend to be full of sugar and other ingredients that sabotage your diet efforts and cause inflammation and stomach problems.
I have a couple different treats that save me this time of year, and help stay on my clean eating journey to control the autoimmune disorder that I have.
My first thing I want to share with you are baked apples! This treat can be made in so many ways, and it never gets old.
Heres my favorite recipe for them:
- You will need Honeycrisp apples (or the apple of your choice if these are too sweet for you), cinnamon, butter, crushed walnuts, chopped up cranberries.
- Cut the apples in half and scoop out a little in the center. In the center you will put some crushed walnuts and cranberries. Cover the top with cinnamon and a small shaving of butter.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F, and then place the apples on a pan in the oven. Let them bake for an hour. When done, let cool and then serve. It tastes so good and makes the house smell AMAZING!
Another recipe that I have come to love is my fizzy cider! This drink is pack with vitamins and minerals, and gives you energy to keep going through a busy day.
Heres my recipe for this yummy drink:
- You will need water, a mug, cinnamon, and a stick of green apple fizz. (You can order your fizz sticks HERE)
- Heat up the water, pour into the mug, and add a dash of cinnamon. Then pour in the fizz stick and watch the bubbly goodness. Tastes just like warm apple cider!
Keep you health on track and get ready for another amazing year!
Until next time 🙂